Books and Basketball believes that maintaining a strong on-campus presence is essential to growth and sustainability while recognizing that outreach is also accomplished through partnerships beyond the Washington University campus. Therefore, Books and Basketball collaborates with multiple corporate and non-corporate organizations to provide a more enriched after-school experience for the kids. We look forward to expanding our relationships with both on-campus and corporate organizations in the future.
Books and Basketball Collaborations Include:
- Ballin’ with Linus, a gala organized by the Linus Foundation in 2011 which raised over $8,500
- Basketball clinics held by the Washington University in St. Louis men’s and women’s basketball teams
- Kappa Karaoke, a philanthropy event hosted by the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority which raised over $2,000 and provided valuable books and school supplies for Books and Basketball students
- The Pi Beta Phi sorority’s Champions are Readers program
- Shaw VPA’s “Around the World in 18 Weeks”, which compliments educational programming with exposure to foreign cultures
Recently Books and Basketball established the Friday Funday program to introduce students to new experiences in the arts. In Fall 2012, swing dance group WUSwing performed and taught students dance basics. Current plans include field trips to the Kemper Art Museum and the incorporation of more student groups into the program.
Starring our very own Exec Member Michael Hoffman (’13), the students of Shaw VPA and the extremely talented members of WUSwing.
Interested in collaborating with Books and Basketball? Click on the Contact Us page to let us know your ideas!